Below are some tips for marketing social media to keep you ahead of the competition in 2018.
- Increase your visibility – The reason for marketing for social media is so huge because so many people spend time there. You can not increase visibility for your business and online personality with a private page. In the year 2017, I saw a lot of this and this made me scratch my head a bit. I’m not sure why but the disadvantages of this can hurt your brand. If your biggest concern is unwanted spam comments, this can be controlled and eliminated with the block button and by updating your settings. The goal is to accommodate your audience and generate leads. Make sure that each piece of your social media strategy serves the goals you set and the people who will see it. Refine your presence on social media. It is important to the survival of your brand. Increasing your visibility drives traffic and invites engagement.
- Focus on mobile – Most searches and website visits are mobile. Unfortunately, most businesses have yet to truly embrace mobile in their marketing strategies. Make the point to optimize your website content and digital assets for mobile users this year. These efforts will improve your ROI from all digital channels and will lead prospects to your website to increase traffic from search engines in the solution. I’m not only talking about design and loading speed, but I really optimize the user experience for site search, trade, form entry, navigation and general mobile usability.
- Make engagement a priority – You need to be social on social media. It is not a soap box for you to hold on to to make an announcement once in a while. It was built so that people around the world could connect. The size of your “followers” on social media does not matter if no one is paying attention. With great follow you feel good, but if there is no message to follow it, unlikely, your brand will have a big impact. What really matters is engagement. Engagement is what earns you shares that generates leads that turns into sales and have loyal customers. You should also make a point this year to frequently revisit your buyer personas to ensure your message stays fresh and relevant to your audience. The level of interaction is what solidifies your brand.
- Contents – Planning your calendar and content strategy for this year should be at the top of your to-do list. If you have not started yet, yesterday would be a good time. Paid ads on social media are great. They generate good leads. However, it is important to learn how to create a reliable, predictable and scalable flow of traffic that converts into clients and customers so that business remains afloat with or without it. This can only be done by producing great content. All it takes is some it takes some effort, trying a few different tactics and consistency. If you are willing to invest the time, you can have all the advantages of a well-trafficked business and website without spending an astronomical amount for paid ads. As a business owner and content creator, it is part of your job to provide compelling information to your customers about your products and services. Great content, compelling headlines, back links, optimized SEO, sales campaigns and e-mail marketing generated excellent, reliable traffic and sales long before the investment of the social media paid ad. It still does.
- Video streaming – Video in real-time is becoming more and more popular with consumers. Many giants of social media platform invest more money to improve their capabilities for video streaming and with good reason. It offers new opportunities for content marketing and customer engagement. This is a format that has had serious momentum in the last 12 months and is the future of branding. This is a great idea to add this to your business marketing strategy this year.
In general, the more specific and strategic you can get with your marketing plan for social media, the more effective you will be in the implementation. Whether it’s Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram, you can create so much to market and create new opportunities for yourself while adding a huge value to your clients, customers and readers. Do not make your marketing strategy for social media so high and broad that it is unattainable. Balance is key. Constantly keep your customers and audience. A good business objective will guide your actions, but it will also be a measure by which you decide whether you succeeded or failed.