IOS games rapidly get attention from game lovers around the world. Everyday games are introduced for various Apple devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod. Such plethora has been established on iOS game development in recent years.
Developing a game for iOS is quite an exciting but attention seeking process, because it requires iOS game developers to understand their target audience expectations and provide the game that is not only engage them, but also become a source of entertainment for them. If you are taking baby steps in iOS game development and want to start your career in game development with shock, this article may be a savior for you! Below I tried to list extensive tips and tricks developers can use to create effective and engaging games.
• Try to avoid the use of PNG loading function from Apple’s GLSPrite demo! It is advisable for new developers to enter the iPhone or iPad game development to avoid the PNG loading function, as it will occupy more memory and caches images.
• Always try to accurately crop sprites when copying them! It is good practice to crop sprites tightly when drawing, because PowerWR SGX is quite slow when mixing.
• Memory is restricted in various foggy ways, so do not assume that you can use all available memory of devices.
Always use RGB4444 textures because it helps to enhance the performance of the gaming app. Using RGB4444 textures will help to improve the rendering performance and helps to save a lot of memory.
• Just remember, tissue compress is actually not feasible for sprites.
• Do not forget to confirm whether the debug information is on or not! Many developers often get errors like “file not found” due to invalid debug information, so make sure debug information is on.
• Be more attentive while filling out registration information on Apple’s iTunes. Make sure you have filled in all the information like banking, app details etc. Are accurate and clear, because it is not possible to change some of the entered information later.
• Remember that you can not integrate third party apps for developing iOS based games! Apple does not allow developers to integrate or use any third party apps while developing games for iPhone or iPad devices.
• Try to get acquainted with OpenGL ES and the different version and try to know their plus and minus points for developing such games.
Above we see some interesting tips and tricks on iPhone or iPad game developers can consider while developing different iOS games.
Copyright © 2012